The business of Unity Intergroup includes an elected board serving Overeaters Anonymous meetings and individuals by providing services and support to Minneapolis, St. Paul and the surrounding communities.
- Monthly Meeting Documents
Agendas, Minutes, Talking Points, Treasurer’s Reports and more. These are the documents generated from our monthly meetings to organize and supply the list of services below.
- Local Meeting Toolkit
The information and links to the documents you’ll need to start an Overeaters Anonymous meeting.
The following is a partial list of services provided:
- A telephone answering system to receive inquiries.
- Receive and respond to mail and email inquiries.
- Publish a newsletter and other bulletins to keep groups informed about each other and about upcoming Overeaters Anonymous events.
- Distribute up-to-date directories of all nearby meetings.
- Assist newly formed groups in the area.
- Maintain a stock of Overeaters Anonymous approved literature for sale.
- Sponsor and arrange workshops, marathons, and other special events for member groups.
- Establish a ‘Twelfth Step Within’ Committee to contact compulsive overeaters who need a Twelfth-Step call.
- Handle requests from local news media, arrange for radio or TV public service announcements or programs about Overeaters Anonymous, and furnish speakers for outside organizations.
- Arrange with local newspapers to have announcements of meetings in free “Community Calendars.”
- Cooperate with agencies who deal with the community so they know where to direct inquiries about available programs.
- Coordinate with regional and national groups.
- Provide a small office to handle regional business.
Sign up to be a part of one of our mailing lists to receive our monthly newsletter and hear about upcoming events!